PaulKim1003

Set Project Path is not available

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an issue with going online with 1768-L45 ControlLogix (version19).

Its "set project path" was set up before and i used to be able to go online with the controller.

I tried to go online with the controller today and It did not let me and its "set project path" is greyed out.

We do have a few of 1768-L45 controllers but only this controller is having the issue.

I am able to ping the controller's IP address as well.

Is there something i am missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :) 

Regards, 

I'm not 100% sure, but the "Set Path" may only be available while online. Try going to "Communications" -> "Who Active", and then browse to the PLC.

If you browse the desired project path in RSLinx do you get to the processor?

I've had to clear project path , before I could set project path when it had a bogus path.

Not sure either of the above will help, but it is what comes to mind to try.

yes, I can see the processor in RSLinx. 

I never had this problem before.. Maybe I should connect my laptop to the processor to go online with it :(. 

That's really weird....when you browse to it in RS Who from within RSLogix, does it show up?

I have had issues with RSWho not being able to drill down to the processor, If I go to RSLinx and let it find the processor and then go back to RSWho it can then see the processor.

I finally got back to my desk where I have access to a spare CompactLogix. In V19, I created a new project. When you go to Communications -> Who Active, browse to the PLC and highlight it, and click "Go Online", what happens?

Hello guys, 

I stopped and restarted RSLinx and found out something.

The controller has the yellow question mark with a red X on it (unrecognized Device). 

I guess this is why it was not working.

I can still ping the IP address. 

Thanks for the replies :) 

Ditto what Bob said and also verify your driver settings. The red "X" means RSLinx can't see it. The yellow question mark means RSLinx doesn't recognize it. Devices it's never connected to will always show both until the first time it connects, then it'll show the red "X" on top of the device's icon.

Also...this seems weird....try a different network cable. I've seen almost that exact thing happen where I could ping but not connect. Jumped through all the hoops that could be jumped through and finally, after a couple of hours, swapped the cable and it just started working.

@BobLfoot - Thank you Bob, I did it but no luck :( 

@Joe E. - Thank you Joe, I will replace the cable and post it here how it went.

@PaulKim1003 If you Right Click on the Processor in RSlinx do you ahve the option to upload EDS?

If so I'd do it.  That may resolve the issue.  If it's software, but I suspect like @Joe E. suggests its hardware.

@BobLfoot @Joe E.

I turned off the PLC and replaced the cable.

Now I can go online with the PLC :) 

Thanks everyone who replied on this issue.

This just made my day.

Thanks again :dance: