Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDinkster

Sysmac Studio Execution Time Ratio

2 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and had a question regarding a setting in Sysmac Studio.

In the Basic Settings for my NJ301 there is a setting on this particular line that is set differently than the other lines I have worked on. This setting is called "System service execution time ratio". On all the other lines I have worked on it was set to 10%, on this line it's 25%. This line also seems to have the most issues with controller performance out of all the lines I have worked on despite having less complexity. I was wondering if anyone knew what this setting actually does and if it should be changed.

Thank you.

The Omron Gurus will probably give you a much simpler definition but Page 43 of the NJ301 Manual - https://assets.omron.eu/downloads/manual/en/w500_nj-series_cpu_unit_hardware_users_manual_en.pdf define the "System Service" as what I would call in laymans terms the "Overhead Processing".  So at 10% you're leaving 90% for Program Scanning and Execution and 10% for Comms and Interrupt handling and etc.  

I suspect you can change it dropping the number in stages 20 - 15 and finally 10 if you can afford to ahve a line hiccup when the overhead doesn't get processed.