bobbykey

rslogix 500 no output in remote run

5 posts in this topic

in remote run in rslogix 500 if I toggle my input bit it doesn't give me an output on I'm using 1400 series c.What could be the issue?

There are so many possibilities that it is impossible to say.  Maybe share your program?  Indicate the exact model and any expansion cards involved?  Which addresses are you testing?  Do you see any indicators on your I/O modules?  Do you see logic status in your ladder program?  Are you sure you processor is properly configured to actually run the code you are looking at?

1 hour ago, bobbykey said:

in remote run in rslogix 500 if I toggle my input bit it doesn't give me an output on I'm using 1400 series c.What could be the issue?

You cannot toggle an input. Try forcing the input on, as well as enabling the forces.

I've seen this only twice in my career. Check the integrity of the key switch. It'll be showing that it's in run or remote but the inside guts of the switch are worn out and you get no operation when you think you should be in run.

16 hours ago, bobbykey said:

So I am assuming you have RSlogix 500 properly connected to your Micro 1400 Series C PLC.

Next I am assuming that RSLogix 500 is telling you that you are in remote RUN.

Step 1 - Verify your Input -- Go to the data table and when you turn the input on you should see a 1 in the data table.

Note for Step 2 - Know what your output will do if it turns on and be sure that can happen safely before you test the output.

Step 2 - Verify Your Output - Go to the Output Coil in Logic and Select Force ON followed by Enable Forces.  - You Should see an LED for the Output on the 1400 and Have voltage to the output.  Remove and Disable Force when test is done.

Step 3 - Make sure the input is programmed to drive the output.

This means that the Routine the logic is in is part of the active scanned program.

It also means making sure you don't have multiple coils of the output.

1 person likes this