LURBY

Micro850E Implicit Messaging to Kinetix 5100

4 posts in this topic

There is a new Micro 850E that allows you to do implicit messaging to a Kinetix 5100 servo and a Powerflex 525.  I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it though.  I am also at a disadvantage because I have never used implicit messaging or even Logix 5000 before.  I am fluent in the Micrologix family and RSLogix500 (not that it is doing me much good anymore!)

The Kinetix 5100 manual describes how to set it up in Logix 5000 and I tried to follow along but nothing seems to match up.

Instead of using add-on instructions you use UDFB's.  I have downloaded the UDFB's and set up the modules but now I am stuck.  I don't know how to connect them all.  There is no assembly instruction UDFB.

Has anyone done this before? 

Thanks, Chuck

The uftb is like an AOI. the download typically comes with instructions. What is the error you are getting and what sample code did you download?

Unfortunately this one did not come with instructions or a sample code.  I can't seem to find any sample code (possibly because this PLC is so new?)  It is the same UDFB's that you would use for Explicit messaging.  I am trying to do Implicit messaging like you would on a Logix 5000.  I am not getting an error because I have not actually written the code yet.

Pretty sweet.  The 850E and 870E support generic EtherNet/IP devices' implicit messaging, too.  Up to eight slaves, according to the updated user manual.  The UDFB is only needed for the natively supported motion control slaves.

I'm going to have to get one for my lab.