mpereira

A-B Panelview Plus Upload

6 posts in this topic

Have an Allen-Bradley Panelview Plus, Cat. #2711P-RDT10C, Series B that I need to upload and provide a backup for my customer. Have Factory Talk View Studio, Version 10.00 for software.Can someone provide assistance as to the steps to be taken as well as any possible problems that may occur. Customer does not have any data available other than the fact that the original company has gone out of business. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

That model number is for a "Display Module, Touch Screen, PanelView Plus 1000, Touch Screen" .

That generation of Panelview used add on Communications Modules and was quite a pain sometimes.

I beleive this is the manual you'll want - https://www.rockwellautomation.com/search/ra-en-US;keyword=2711P-RDT10C;startIndex=0;activeTab=Literature;spellingCorrect=true;facets=;languages=en;locales=en_GLOBAL,en-US;sort=bma;isPLS=false;sessionID=e7c407b2-e7eb-694c-10bf-1d0f2161ca5d;deepLinking=undefined

Your simplest method of backup would be to use Configuration Mode and a USB Stick.

You'll also want to pay attention to what revision of firmware the Panelview Unit has.

12 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Your simplest method of backup would be to use Configuration Mode and a USB Stick.

You'll also want to pay attention to what revision of firmware the Panelview Unit has.

This. Use the USB stick to transfer the MER files. It's simpler and generally way faster than Ethernet.

Here's a summary for how to get to the config mode:
https://theautomationblog.com/how-do-i-access-the-panelview-plus-configuration-menu/
You'll want to go into Terminal Settings and find the startup options to see what runtime file is configured to run on startup of the HMI. If there is only one MER file on the HMI, no problem, but I've rarely encountered a PV+ in the wild that only had one MER on it and there's no way to tell what's actually running without going into the startup settings in the config mode. While there, also check the ME Runtime version. You'll need to know that when you compile a new runtime.

1 person likes this

Bob and Joe, thank you for the provided info, I used the USB stick method to upload the runtime file and was able to convert it to an application file in Factory Talk View. My only question now is to verify the firmware version of the Panelview Plus. On the System Resource screen, the OS version is 02.36.0.0 while the ME Station is version 8.0.10.12. I believe that the ME Station version designates that the firmware is version 8.0.10.12 also. Am I correct? Again, thank you both for your assistance.

Yes, you need to compile your new MER file to match (or be lower than) the ME version of the PV+.

Also, pay attention when compiling the MER file. The utility has a check box that lets you allow/disallow decompiling. In some versions of View Studio, it was set by default to NOT allow decompiling. That changed in a newer version. I don't remember at which software version it changed, but you should verify that setting.

Thank you for the updated information Joe E.