Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ashraf

5 silo to 4 hopper

12 posts in this topic

Any ideas 

To make program which every silo can works with all 4  hopper through  8 convoyer system 

You will need to give a lot more detail regarding what you are trying to achieve.

I can think of several ways to make 5 silos feed 4 hoppers using 8 conveyors (or 4 hoppers feed 5 silos, depending on which way the product goes), but it depends on the setup you have and what the end result needs to be. Do you need all 4 hoppers to be emptying into silos at the same time? Is it just one at a time? Are their any gates or similar that can be installed on the conveyors to re-route product from one conveyor to the next, or can the product only exit a conveyor from the end of the conveyor? Are the conveyors only able to run in one direction or can they run in both? Is the conveyor system already in place or is it being designed from scratch? Does the contractor installing the conveyors have any limitations on what they can do? What are the end user requirements?

As you can see, a lot more information is required. That said, 8 conveyors, 5 silos and 4 hoppers isn't a lot of IO, so if you can provide some sort of idea on what you are trying to achieve, I am sure that someone will be able to give you some ideas to get you started.

1 person likes this

Every silo has two gates because,there are two lines each line 8 convoyer go in one direction only . Each hopper has two level (max,min)

It should min level of any hopper operate one line to feed from any silo 

I can detect hopper to operate from one silo or two 

When two or three min level hopper need to feed which one first,how can I make priority 

I need first come first feed 

Please share a layout or process diagram that shows how everything flows.

9 hours ago, ashraf said:

When two or three min level hopper need to feed which one first,how can I make priority

Ok. I think I know what you are trying to do. Just want to make sure I have understood correctly.

There are 2 conveyor lines that send product from silo's to hoppers. Each hopper has a gate on each line to put product into that hopper. When the minimum level switch of a hopper is activated, the one of the conveyor systems needs to prioritise that hopper. If you have 2 hoppers with minimum level switches active, one conveyor system feeds each hopper. If more than 2 hoppers have minimum level switches active, the system needs to prioritise the minimum level switches that were triggered first. Is that what you are trying to do?

If none of the minimum level switches are active, do the conveyors still run to keep product feeding into the hoppers?

1 person likes this

@ashraf The confusing thing for most of us is that you're using Five (5) Silos with Two (2) Exit Gates to feed Four (4) Hoppers on Eight (8) Conveyors and most people do math as 5 x 2 = 10 Conveyors.

Now if you actually have Conveyor A that runs past Exit Gate A on each Silo and has Drop Gates at each hopper.

And you have Conveyor B that runs past Exit Gate B on each Silo and has Drop Gates at each hopper.

Now the remaining question is do all Silos hold the same material?

First I would check all min level sensors and load a FIFO of those needing filled.

Second I would write my Fill Routine Sequence as follows:

1. Open Drop Gate of Hopper

2. Start Conveyor

3. Open the Silo Exit Gate.

4. When Max Level Sensor is seen Close Exit Gate

5. Run Conveyor for clean out time

6. Stop Conveyor

7. Close Hopper Drop Gate

Third I would have a mapping routine that maps the FIFO Item to Real World gates.

I hope I am explaining this well.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, BE said:

Ok. I think I know what you are trying to do. Just want to make sure I have understood correctly.

There are 2 conveyor lines that send product from silo's to hoppers. Each hopper has a gate on each line to put product into that hopper. When the minimum level switch of a hopper is activated, the one of the conveyor systems needs to prioritise that hopper. If you have 2 hoppers with minimum level switches active, one conveyor system feeds each hopper. If more than 2 hoppers have minimum level switches active, the system needs to prioritise the minimum level switches that were triggered first. Is that what you are trying to do?

If none of the minimum level switches are active, do the conveyors still run to keep product feeding into the hoppers?

20 hours ago, BE said:

Ok. I think I know what you are to do. Just want to make sure I have understood correctly.

Every silo has two gates because,there are two lines each line 8 convoyer go in one direction only . Each hopper has two level (max,min)

It should min level of any hopper operate one line to feed from any silo 

I can detect hopper to operate from one silo or two 

I need first come first feed 

@BE

Yes, exactly what I want to do but,I need also to detect  the line 1 can work with all hoppers 

And line 2 also with all hoppers and all silos

Because,the product in all silos  is not the same 

I tried to share layout but, some thing wrong

@BobLfoot

Yes, the sequence is actually right but , the product in silos not the same 

So,I want to choose the  silo and hopper and line also then, when min level need to feed 

System works as,I chosen before

@ashraf  So Conveyor Line A goes past Release Gate A of each silo and over Hopper Drop Gate A of each hopper.

So Conveyor Line B goes past Release Gate B of each silo and over Hopper Drop Gate B of each hopper.

For Example Silo 1 is Salt and Hopper 1 is Salt while Silo 3 is Sugar and Hopper 2 is Sugar.

Hopper 1 hits min so you want to fill it on covneyor A from Silo 1.

After that is done Hopper 2 is low and you fill it on conveyor A from Silo 3.

WHile that is filling hopper 1 goes low again so you fill it from SIlo 1 on conveyor B.

and things continue.

A Phase Engine or Step Sequence of five will accomplish this nicely.

1 person likes this

A picture can speak a thousand words. How about a diagram?

1 person likes this

Here's how I envision it - https://pasteboard.co/NYGaLws34N60.jpg

Uploads to Mrplc.com seem to be busted right now.

Five (5) Silos , Four (4) Hoppers and Two (2) Conveyors , what I don't understand or know where to put is the other six (6) conveors that @ashraf mentions when he says there is eight (8) conveyors?