ReAutomation

NX1P2 EIP comms with Keyence IV3

3 posts in this topic

Just added a Keyence IV3 vision sensor to my NX1P2 system and have a little issue with the Tag Set / data structure. The Input and Output assemblies imported with the .eds file are an Input assembly of 101 with 394 byte size and an Output assembly of 242 with a 12 byte size. The problem I have is that the 101 Input assy size of 394 bytes does not allow me the OK/NG status of the vision tools from 17 to 64. I need an additional 6 bytes to access these bits in my data allocation table. My question is, Is it possible to modify this Input assy  to a larger size that is acceptable to the NX1 data structure. I tried just altering the size in my Ethernet IP connections tab and creating the corresponding tags in the data structure and it resolved and transferred OK but then would not allow my IV3 sensor to go online and communicate via Ethernet IP. How can I resolve this?

That's more of a Keyence question than an Omron question. It sounds like you did the correct modification to the Omron side, but the Keyence side needs to be ok with that too. Sharing the error code you get on the connection will help determine the problem as well.

Did the EDS file not offer multiple connection options to choose from?