Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
junkyardgary

DO C-more (and other) HMI's work well with Emerson stand alone PLC's?

1 post in this topic

We have been tasked with saving money on equipment within our 4 plants here in the USA. I would like to investigate using low cost HMI's, I've had great success using C-more in the past. Has anyone had any of the several low cost HMI's attached to Emerson PAC (AKA GE Prophecy) PLC's? has there been any connectivity issues? I'd like to try one to replace the Emerson HMI's which are hard to source, and expensive. I believe any time setting up a low cost option would offset the cost of the Emerson, and open up our choices of HMI's and not be boxed in to one brand. We also use Profinet along with Ethernet connection, I believe the Emerson HMI only uses Ethernet (for us) but if there is a Profinet version that is easy to set up, that would make it an easy sale for me. 

This HMI would also have to work with the older 90-30 series PLC's, but i'm pretty sure the communications have not changed much from the to the stand alone RSTi-EP and RX3i PLC's. Any advice would be appreciated.  Have a great week.