Webbs

IO Link and Banner IODD I/O Map error

4 posts in this topic

I have the IODD file for a Banner for a S15C-MGN-KQ and when adding it to the IO Link ILM400 it has the message below which means it wont populate the IO table with the variables setout and named.  The data is all there but it is broken into arrays of 2 bytes.  I have had this issue with some ifm sensors as well but it is only a couple of words so not to hard to deal with.  This one is 16 words out and 15 words back so I would like it work.

638e4f5b13361_SysmacError.jpg.3dc776fffd

I have had a look at the xml files between working and non working and the structures are all different.  Does anyone know if there is anything I can modify in the xml file to get the IO map to be automatically setup?

I have included the working ifm file IODD_DF_IO-Link-10.11.zip and non working Banner 217165 - S15C-MGN-KQ.zip.

Sysmac Error.jpg

217165 - S15C-MGN-KQ.zip

IODD_DF_IO-Link-10-11.zip

Hi Webbs

Did you ever get anywhere with this one?  I am having the same problem with some IFM sensors. 

Thanks

Capture 2.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Hi,

It looks there is mistake in xml file. I checked it in Sysmac Studio and Siemens Tia Portal. Parameter "Register Set To Read" has 4 bits of length :) Maybe thats why it can't be assign correctly. It's just my guessing. Below what Tia says about this variable.

tia2.thumb.jpg.47ff054a38c6f8e3971d07233

tia.thumb.jpg.3e7748e528d5cda7b01e8445e4sysmac.jpg.ad3119a9cc940710281776f8e3f24

Hi NootNoot,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification to say someone had replied to my thread. No I never found out why this was happening.  In the end I just wrote a function to take the inputs that I had mapped (16 x 2 byte arrays).  The function then reverses the order of each byte array to give the register value again in reverse order.  I have done this for ifm and banner devices.  The SMC valve bank worked OK.

Hi realisator,

I never got an error like that, only the message to go with the green !.  I have used an IODD editor and nothing jumped out as an issue with the file.  I know that isn't saying much as I am not sure what I was looking for.....

638e4f5b13361_SysmacError.jpg.3dc776fffd