Chris Elston

How to restore a Library .SLR file to a Library Project

7 posts in this topic

A while ago, I created a library project and a function block. After I was finished, I exported my library to a .SLR file. 

Of course the laptop I made the library project on has been replaced and I lost my original library project, however I have the .SLR library file.

I would like to restore my library project and edit some features in my function block I made. Is it possible to restore my library project from an .SLR or I also have a project that I imported my .SLR library into this standard project?

My goal is, can I restore my library project file and how do you do that in Sysmac Studio?

I don't believe there is a way to de-compile an SLR file into a project. However it is fairly simple to copy the contents(with dependents) of the function blocks into a new Library project as long as you didn't restrict displaying them. Essentially make a new function block and copy over (with dependents):

Internals

In/Out

Externals

All logic

The newer versions of studio don't even allow you to save the library as a .slr file. You can add a .slr file to a project however. Not sure when the .slr file support was dropped? Maybe try install an older version

Edited by chelton
remove whitespace

I have version 1.25 of Studio right now. It seems to allow saving the library file. I will try and create a new Library Project and see if I can copy things into it.....

21 hours ago, chelton said:

The newer versions of studio don't even allow you to save the library as a .slr file. You can add a .slr file to a project however. Not sure when the .slr file support was dropped? Maybe try install an older version

It is still supported.

Project -> Library -> Create Library

This saves the SLR file. It is different from the publish method previously used but it is the same in the end.

1 hour ago, photovoltaic said:

It is still supported.

Project -> Library -> Create Library

This saves the SLR file. It is different from the publish method previously used but it is the same in the end.

Now if we could just do the reverse process of this, I'd be a happy camper. LOL