mrtoastie

Siemens hmi

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody is there anyway or a piece of software out there that allows the upload of an hmi project for editing. I need to rebuild a project. The plc and hardware side is ok. I can use prosave to upload and download to a new panel but will not be able to integrate it into the new project. Any advice will be great.

From what I understand there is no way of doing this. Definitely cannot open the backup in TIA portal

There is an option when downloading to an HMI to allow back transfer but it requires more memory in the panel than they come with. You have to buy a larger SD card (and they're special and very expensive). None of the HMIs I ever worked with had a large enough memory card to store the project for back transfer. You can try to extract the project from within WinCC Flexible, but I'd be surprised if it's possible.

Hi,

Some of the backup can be decompiled and you will know which of PLC variable is connected to HMI object. And not only that info. Users, password and other things might be reviled 

Knowing that you may build a new project for your HMI.

Is that OK for you?

But you did not wrote anything about your HMI.

Is your panel a text display or is touchscreen type?

Send me more details and a backup of your HMI.