Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sante123

GOT2000 <-> Omron CJ PLC

4 posts in this topic

I have an application where I'm using GOT2000 to read data from the weighing unit using RS232 and I send this value to Omron CJ2M through Ethernet/IP. Some variables from that PLC are connected to the elements of the HMI.

The problem is when writing the weight value to the PLC through script or Data Transfer is disabled, the RS232 reading works fine, it's fast, etc.

However, when I enable the script which writes data to the PLC, the RS232 slows down by a lot, like it refreshes every 2-3 seconds. If i set the script to execute like every 1-2 seconds, it is working better (still slower compared to when the script is disabled) but I cannot leave it like this, because the weight is used to control some valves, pumps, etc.

Enabling script doesn't slow down normal communication with PLC, because I tried to test it by displaying the value of seconds from PLC on the HMI and it refreshes every second.

Does anyone have idea why such tiny script causes so many problems with RS232?

How many data point do you transfer? What is the speed of RS232 communication?

I'm trying to transfer 3 points: bit, word and float.

The speed is set to 19200.

My advice is to create script that has trigger on data change of mentioned 3 points, not on (time) sample.