sante123

CJ2M <-> Allen Bradley 1769-L35E Ethernet/IP Communication

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to exchange some data between two controllers. I've used a manual which describes Tag Datalink communication. Everything works fine on the Bradley side, which means I can read values from Omron without problems. However, on the CJ it isn't working. In the Network Configurator I get error every 10 sec (Tag data ling error, code 03D5) and cannot read any data from AB. When I open Connection Structure Tree I see that the input tagset from AB has 'Broken path (0000000000000)' and Unknown Device right next to IP address.

I've tried using EDS from the Rockwell as well as uploading it from AB PLC directly - I don't know if it might be EDS issue. The only thing I noticed that inside CJ2M-EIP21 EDS it says that Ethernet/IP is Class 1 connection, however in the 1769-L35E EDS Ethernet/IP is Class 2 connection.

Have anyone ever had such a problem?

Edited by sante123

Strange.  Should definitely be class 1.  Might be a broken EDS file.

I suggest using the AB side to read from and write to the Omron side. You'll need to make up for the run/idle header - I'll send you a guide

Thank you @photovoltaic

I tested Implicit messaging. The results are crazy - now it works the other way, which means Omron sees AB data, while AB cannot see Omron data and the Ethernet module in the RSLogix5000 has an error of timeout.

This is insane :doh: