Aoto10

Any consequence of changing CC-Link IE Network Number??

6 posts in this topic

Is there any negative result of changing CC-Link IE network number on an established working machine? Referring to the attached image is the actual machine network I am dealing with. The network I want to change is the purple Network #3. The reason is because we use wireless LAN to access all PLCs in the plant through a central PLC on the Red network #7. Currently, I do not have network access to any PLC on the purple network 3. The black box is showing a single PLC rack with two CC-Link IE network cards mounted. The red Network #7 is connected to the central PLC. But the central PLC already has a network #3 in use so I cannot create a routing table for my target network. I would like to change the purple Network #3 to something like Network #40 so I can create a routing table in the central PLC to get me network access to all stations. 

Are there any ladder functions that may reference a network Number? The "Start I/O No." will not change.

CC-Link Network.png

Edited by Aoto10

I believe you need to check all PLC/HMI, see if any of them if connected/referring to network #3.

If I'm not mistaken, you could check at CC Link configuration, maybe for IO mapping.

Btw, which model of PLC?

There ares some dedicated instrcution which use network number referencing. also you can use variables like Jxx\G were xx is the network number

11 hours ago, d4rkm4n said:

I believe you need to check all PLC/HMI, see if any of them if connected/referring to network #3.

If I'm not mistaken, you could check at CC Link configuration, maybe for IO mapping.

Btw, which model of PLC?

To my knowledge all GOT's only connect to their local PLC so I see no issue there.

I checked the module setup in GX works and I can't find any reference to any other network. There is refresh parameters but I'm not changing the station number so I see no issue?

All PLCs are QCPU of varying models using QJ71GF11-T2 CC IE modules 

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

There ares some dedicated instrcution which use network number referencing. also you can use variables like Jxx\G were xx is the network number

I looked through the QJ71GF11-T2 manual and seen the dedicated instructions you mentioned. For example, the JP.READ instruction uses Jn to indicate " Own station's network No.". Wouldn't this be the network number on that local PLC and the routing parameters would be used to access a remote target network?

Update on this. I did end up changing the machine network to 40 and so far, have noticed no issues. Hope this helps someone one day.