ANDREA SOLA

sysmac studio HOW TO CREATE A IAG WITH AN EDITABLE LABEL

9 posts in this topic

HI everyone, I'm new in Sysmac Studio and I entered recently in the IAG creation, I have a question, is it possible to edit directly in the main project (not the IAG project) a label into a IAG? My IAG project is composed by a rectangle and a label on this and i want to see the string that i write when i edit the label directly in the Sysmac.

I have done labels in IAG's in the past using a Data Display, instead of a label. This allowed me to display the value of a variable (in this case a string) in the IAG. Each instance of the IAG had a different variable assigned, therefore a different 'label'.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

1 person likes this

Go to View-> Page Explorer  then drill down to the label you want to change when you are on the page with the IAGs

Example:

Capture.PNG

Hi @photovoltaic, thanks for the reply , I already knew this method but unfortunately I have several identical objects into the project and it would be quite long to modify them all so, there is a method to change the label directly from the object?

10 hours ago, BE said:

Ho fatto etichette in IAG in passato usando un Data Display, invece di un'etichetta. Questo mi ha permesso di visualizzare il valore di una variabile (in questo caso una stringa) nello IAG. Ogni istanza dell'IAG aveva una variabile diversa assegnata, quindi una diversa "etichetta".

È questo il tipo di cosa che stai cercando?

Hello, thanks for the answer, it's not exactly what I meant, what I'm trying to do is to be able to have an IAG with the possibility of having an editable label for example with a double click (in the hmi development phase).

7 hours ago, ANDREA SOLA said:

Hello, thanks for the answer, it's not exactly what I meant, what I'm trying to do is to be able to have an IAG with the possibility of having an editable label for example with a double click (in the hmi development phase).

You can add a string tag to the IAG and make the label a data display object instead of a label - Like @BE said. It will appear in the properties pane when you double click on the IAG instance. The downside is the value you enter will only be visible at runtime. During development it will show "#" as the text.

1 hour ago, photovoltaic said:

È possibile aggiungere un tag stringa allo IAG e rendere l'etichetta un oggetto di visualizzazione dati anziché un'etichetta - Come@BEdetto. Apparirà nel riquadro delle proprietà quando fai doppio clic sull'istanza IAG. Il rovescio della medaglia è che il valore immesso sarà visibile solo in fase di esecuzione. Durante lo sviluppo mostrerà "#" come testo.

I understand, so isn't it really possible to make an IAG with double-click edit property as a label?

1 hour ago, ANDREA SOLA said:

I understand, so isn't it really possible to make an IAG with double-click edit property as a label?

Correct. The only way I can think of to get this behavior would be adding a label on top of an IAG and grouping them together. Briefly ungrouping them to edit the label. It will probably take fewer clicks to use the page explorer method though.