Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olly_J

GX Works 2 Menu Dragged off Screen

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am accustomed to dragging windows between different monitors as I work, to say display PLC program software on one monitor and HMI software on the other,  for example.
The issue I am having is sometimes due to my own inaccuracy, I accidentally grab the Menu from GX Works2 and drag it to the top of my upper monitor and it unfortunately doesn't hit the top of this monitor and snap like a normal window but rather continues until it is in the Nether-space just off the visible screen. It is easy to see roughly where the menu is by pressing, for example, Alt+P and the bottom of the "Project" menu becomes visible at the top of the upper monitor. The problem is then it is a pain to bring it back...through generally possible by manipulation of zoom percentage in the windows display settings menu

My question is, is there any way to lock the GX Works2 menu position so it cannot be dragged off the GX Works2 window?

636e4ef95f19b_GXWorks2MenuIssues.thumb.p

I have managed to make this goofy mistake a few times so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Also, I have the same issue with GT Designer 3.

I have discovered that with GX Works 2 I can right-click the toolbars area and select "Reset" which brings it all back but don't see that option for GT Designer 3

You can either reset everything OR if possible connect to a larger resolution screen. 

I have this issue all the time bc at my desk (QHD Sreen) i set the cross ref list on the opposite screen. But then line-side that list remains off screen.