Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omar_zdn

PLC5 Redundancy

7 posts in this topic

Dear All

Did PLC5 (1785-L40E/F) support redundancy??

Thanks

Thanks, BobLfoot

But if I have two redundant CPU (1785-L40E/F) Can I connect HMI via Ethernet? if yes, what is the network topology? in ControlLogix redundant system The primary takes the original IP address the synch becomes the original IP address +1, Is the same thing here?

Thanks

2 hours ago, omar_zdn said:

Can I connect HMI via Ethernet?

No, not directly.  That redundancy option only worked with ControlNet processors, not the Ethernet processors.  You might be able to use ethernet side-car modules, but your HMI would have to be smart enough to determine which PLC is the master at any given time.

Thank you so much.

Please you can see the existing control system in the attachment 

I need to change Panel View 600 (which is connected via RIO) with the new Panel view plus via ethernet (mandatory via ethernet) 

How can I make the panel view connected with the primary i.e. (I can use AUI to RJ-45 converter for Prim and Synch and connect them to the switch hub and connect the Panel view plus to the same Hub) Can I use this proposal??

Thanks in advance

photo_2022-11-08_08-05-48.jpg

I have never used that module (the 1785-BCM).  But based on a quick review of the user manual, I think you will need to use a DH+ to EtherNet/IP gateway.  Perhaps a ControlLogix chassis with a 1756-DHRIO module plus one of the 1756-EN?T modules.  The user manual doesn't show the PLC-5/LxxE models as compatible.