Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas Antonelo

How can I access an UR5 robot through Studio 5000?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone! I am following this YouTube tutorial where it teaches you how to add a block of Modbus server within Studio 5000 for communication with plc ControlLogix.

The video: https://youtu.be/qcF4m7rPjkw

However, according to a comment from the author of the video himself in my comment I can make such a connection through a Modbus device. How do I do this within ur5 and how can i access UR5 inside Studio 5000?

Hi Lucas. I am the author. The three basic of pieces data you're going to need is the IP address, the data address which will probably begin with a 4, and the length of data that you're transferring.

1 person likes this

Tim, thanks for the reply, but my question is: where do I insert the data address information inside the Studio 5000 so that ModBus TCP activates the connection? The video works only with the IP address of the PLC.

Edited by Lucas Antonelo

TCP connection from a client to a modbus server only needs IP address of the server. Port is always 504 502. Server is always supposed to run. Clients can connect, exchange messages and eventually close connection. Same is with this forum. it runs on a server. if the server is down you cannot use the forum (your web browser is a client).

Inside PLC, modbus server instruction has fields for transmitted data (read/write).