Sannin

Question Sysmac Studio remote control

8 posts in this topic

Good evening to the whole forum. I have a question to ask you if possible. Is there a way to remotely connect to a Sysmac NX1P2 or NJ series plc via Sysmac Studio software using a public IP without having to open port 80 on the router ?. Thank you all

Pretty sure not.

Aside from that, what would possess you to put a PLC on a public IP address?

{ Typical remote access solutions use various VPN technologies to securely move packets between two otherwise insecure endpoints. }

1 person likes this

Sysmac's programming ports aren't adjustable so you can't utilize port forwarding as a work around. If you want to do this the right way use a VPN or a remote access device like Omron's RT100: https://industrial.omron.eu/en/products/RT100-EMM3010

Please keep your PLCs off the internet

1 person likes this

Thanks so much for the replies. As for the VPN being a beginner with the latter, how should I go about setting it up ?. That is, you need a remote pc (to which I connect) with the VPN software installed and which is always connected to the plc, or do you configure the plc directly to work with the vpn? Thank you

6 hours ago, Sannin said:

Thanks so much for the replies. As for the VPN being a beginner with the latter, how should I go about setting it up ?. That is, you need a remote pc (to which I connect) with the VPN software installed and which is always connected to the plc, or do you configure the plc directly to work with the vpn? Thank you

There are a few different options for VPN. You can use a local PC, a VPN-type device (microhard, ewon, RT100 to name a few), or some routers support it as well. Not much needs to be done to the PLC - usually just the default gateway needs to be the VPN gateway.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

There are a few different options for VPN. You can use a local PC, a VPN-type device (microhard, ewon, RT100 to name a few), or some routers support it as well. Not much needs to be done to the PLC - usually just the default gateway needs to be the VPN gateway.

Perfect.  Thank you

You can Install software like TeamViewer VPN or other VNP software on the PC.

The first network card can be DHCP with Internet provider and the other network card can be the PLC network.

You can use the Windows router to route between cards.

On 17/12/2022 at 1:41 AM, JYG said:

You can Install software like TeamViewer VPN or other VNP software on the PC.

The first network card can be DHCP with Internet provider and the other network card can be the PLC network.

You can use the Windows router to route between cards.

Thanks