Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ABlearner

Produced & Consumed tags

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I have been thinking about wether can increase the numbers of produced and consumed tags, between my plc-s.

Currently I have two plc it already have produced and consumed tags, but unfortunatelly soon we are running out of free tags.

I read the manual and it said I can make 125 dint tags, currently we have only an array with 10 element. 

If I make a new one and I kinda copy it, with different names, will it be work ? 

Or do I have to set something else ? 

Can I ruin the communication with the two plcs ? 

THanks ahead.

Yes, you can have multiple producer/consumer tags.  The limit is the number of connection resources in the processors, not the number of tags or size of the tags.  Each producer/consumer tag can be up to 500 bytes (DINTs are four bytes, so 125 DINTs).

1 person likes this

Thank you so much your answer.

In this case do I have to download the plc program again ? Or I only have to create the tags in both PLC and done ? 

Thanks ahead.

I'm pretty sure you can only set up producer/consumer tags offline.  So yes, you will need to download to both processors.

I highly recommend that you create your Producer/Consumer tags as simple arrays of DINTs, and then use the CPS instruction to move data to/from other data types (UDTs, whatever).  There are many techniques to rework tags and types that aren't producer/consumer while still running.  There's no need to make the P/C tags a structured type.