techsupoortalpha

there is a device in the program (main) that is outside of the range

9 posts in this topic

Hello, Good Day All. I am facing this issue while I am going to copy old plc to new plc. but old plc having 4965 steps, once going execute this program to new plc its showing more than 8000 steps. please suggest on this. PFA.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 095246.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-26 095337.jpg

Please advise what model PLC you are using.

I would check the system variable range as you may be trying to use a device that has been allocated to the system variable range.

I have had the same waring come up in the past, and this was the cause. However, this is not the only cause for this waring to appear.

Let me know how you go, good luck

Colandra

What happens if you uncheck the two "comments" check boxes?

It sounds to me like it could be that you have a device (e.g. Relay or Latch) in your program that is outside the range set in the PLC settings. For example: I have "8K"  Device points of Latch Relays in my PLC Parameters window/Device tab (see first attachment), as I understand it this relates to 8192 (2^13) "L" devices (L0 - L8191) and if I try to add L8192 to my program I get an error with similar verbage to your error. I can't write to a PLC now to test this but I am guessing there is either a mismatch between the PLC Parameters in your gxw file and the Devices used in the PLC currently, or a mismatch between the PLC Parameters in the PLC currently and the Devices used in your gxw file. I am not sure it this would work but you could try Write just PLC parameters and then write the Programs or vice versa and see if this helps.

635fc9b9423fe_PLCParams.thumb.png.07687c635fcbbc5fa7c_Deviceoverusablerange.png.

PLC Params.png

You can't use bits over 7999 as they are reserved for special PLC bits. For example L8000 is the same as M8000 and it is "Always On" bit and it is read only.

@Goran Vuckovic, I am surprised by your comment. M8000s.thumb.png.1090c8eca9c13018efaada2

This is a simulation of code from site using many M8000+ bits and it appears to work just fine both on site and in my simulation.....

Obviously you didn't understand me. It is probably due to fact that English is not my mother language, so I didn't explained it well.

You can use system bits - obviously. It's their purpose, but some are read only and some are both Read and Write bits. There is one big difference, Read Only bits are controlled by the state of CPU and PLC equipment, so they can't be Latched.

Also this is only relevant to PLCs that use those system bits and that is FX0 to FX3 series. In your example there is SM400, so it means that you do not use FX0-FX3, but Q or iQr or iQf.

2 people like this

@Goran Vuckovic Thanks for the correction. You are right, I am looking at a Q series PLC.

However, even though my example was not very good, the point I was trying to make was to and that it sounds to me like there is a mismatch of the registers used compared to the registers configured.

Does this sound like it might be a possible cause of the issue to you? It sounds like you have a better grasp of Mitsubishi PLCs than I do. I haven't used FX series PLC so I may be way off