Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulKim1003

FactoryTalk View Studio - unresolved in the processor on route error

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

Every time, I try to run simulation for my HMI, I am getting a warning "Unresoloved in the processor on route".

HMI will not display any data..

I have attached pics of factorylinx communication.

please let me know if you find something wrong.

Thank you in advance

FYI

FactoryTalk View Studio - version 10(CPR9 SR10)

FactoryTalk ME - version 9

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

When simulating/testing from  your PC, it uses the "Design (Local)" shortcut path. Have you set that?

Troubleshooting Ideas

Step 1 - Offline In the Studio 5000 Program can you find the tags that emulate is complaining about?  

Step 2 - Online In the Studio 5000 Program can you find the tags that emulate is complaining about?

Step 3 - Using FTLinx or RSLinx browse to the PLC and then right click and select data monitor.  Confirm that the tags that simulation is balking about can be seen/found in the data monitor.

What you learn from above will help us guide you further.

The FTStudio Device Shortcuts page has buttons on the lower right.  IF I recall they include "Validate" and "Apply" or something like this.  Make sure you've done both on the Runtime and Design tabs.  

Probalby not your issue, but worth ruling out.

One thing I've learned with FT View Studio is to reboot the PC. That sorts out a lot of bugs. It's not directly related to your issue, but I took a working project and made a change to it, recompiled and downloaded the runtime, and communications didn't work. I banged on it for an hour before rebooting and recompiling the mer. That's all I did: reboot and recompile. Then it worked fine.

I'm sure you've done that by now, but reboot the PC and see if anything is different.

Another thing to double check is your tag syntax in the display objects. To do that, create a blank display and add just a single indicator light or numeric display. While connected to the PLC, go to the connections tab of the object properties. Click the "..." button under "Tag" next to the "Value" field. The Tag Browser will open. Expand the PLC shortcut name and then "Online". Click "Refresh All Folders". If you don't have stuff there, then there's an issue. If you do...pick an appropriate tag and "OK". Then test the display with just that object. If that works, then you can double check the syntax of the other objects and verify they're correct.

Edited to add:
I should have asked earlier. Is this a new project or an existing one that you're editing?

Edited by Joe E.
Added a question
1 person likes this