SKA AB

Function Blocks not showing in/out pins

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I recently installed 1.49 on a clean computer and opened a project i was handed to convert from ST to Ladder.

There is a bunch of FB's i would like to use in ladder, but each time i add them to the ladder, i only get a white box.
I cannot drag the FB from the list to the ladder, i have to insert en Function Block and type the FB name.

Shouldn't i see the input/outputs, or what am i missing?

pic1.thumb.png.3f311b989aa109958b959076d

pic2.png.9a832e8f78f5f96f73b162f89711a8c

Edited by SKA AB

SKA AB

The reason that you do not have any inputs or outputs on your function block is because there is no Boolean Output in the function block.

To make a valid function block, you must have at least one Bool output (in/out does not count).

As soon as you add a bool output, it should work for you.

This has nothing to do with the version of Sysmac Studio.   This is the specification.

Also, you cannot drag / drop from the Function Block list on the multiview explorer.  Drag and Drop only works if you make a Library and use the library in a project.

2 hours ago, PMCR said:

SKA AB

The reason that you do not have any inputs or outputs on your function block is because there is no Boolean Output in the function block.

To make a valid function block, you must have at least one Bool output (in/out does not count).

As soon as you add a bool output, it should work for you.

This has nothing to do with the version of Sysmac Studio.   This is the specification.

Also, you cannot drag / drop from the Function Block list on the multiview explorer.  Drag and Drop only works if you make a Library and use the library in a project.

Thanks.

I had an output, but not of BOOL value, added it and now all in/outs shows up as i expected.
I've forgotten about this detail. :D