Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basicbill

can't monitor....logic not equal

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I have flashed my Series 90 Micro (14 point micro) with the latest appropriate firmware. Using VersaPro 2.01 I have been building some simple circuits that I can load into it to improve my programming skills. I have built a cascading timer circuit that sequentially energizes all 6 outputs . The sequence repeats 10 times then after a 5 second pause the outputs start their sequence again. My problem is with monitoring. No matter how I try, I can't get 'logic equal'. I even 'load from PLC' with all options checked. I figured that would force equality. One interesting thing....as I do that the 'information window' states..... Variable _%I00509 has been created Why would my program be creating this unusual input? (I only have 8 inputs...1i to 8i) Any thoughts? Thanks, Bill W.

Bill, There are some quirks with the S90 Micros when it comes to getting to the 'Logic Equal' state. It may have to do with the use of the 'Always_On' bit (%S0007) or one of the other internal system bits. I can't remember the details, but I think there used to be something about it among the FAQs at the GE Fanuc website. Try this link: http://elitenet.geindustrial.com/techadvis...,Case=obj(2820) Edited by Steve Bailey

Hi, Steve link was spot on. I had to get through the SSO bs but once that was done, there was a document that detailed the issue. It seems that the Micro has a continuing problem with not being able to get 'logic equal'. This is usually a concern when timers are used.......(when do we ever use timers??!!!) You must put an 'always on' contact in any rung and address it to 7s (%S00007). Use an 'examine on' (n.o.) contact anywhere and you can get 'logic equal' again. The contact is, well, always on so there is no effect on your program. Thanks again, Steve Bill W.

Thanks for the info on this subject. And Thanks for asking the question. I was having this same problem With NO %S00007 contacts problem solved. Ronnie