excelpro_tech

CIPread error

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i'm trying to set-up a CIPread between a NX1 and a Reer safety PLC. I am using a CIPopen and CIPread, i can open the path properly (confirm with the Reer connection diagnostic) but i am unable to read any data. When activated the CIPread fault with the error 1C00 and errorIDEX = 0400 0000. Any of you could help me on what it means(omron doc aint really telling me what the errorIDEX mean).

Can you post a screenshot of the instructions and any areas of code that affect them?

After looking at the manual for that safety PLC I think you'll need to either perform a UCMM explicit message or make an implicit connection to it.

What data do you need?

If you are trying to get just the input status then I would setup an implicit connection. The EDS file is available on their website.

Manual W502 says that when the ErrorID is 1C00 as you show, then ErrorIDEx contains the actual CIP error information.  Error 0x04 ⇒ "Path Segment Error".  That means your safety relay doesn't understand symbolic addressing, or possibly is choking on the subscript.

{ Looks like a nice device family.  The EDS file shows no access to the input data except through assembly 100.  Implicit would probably be easiest. }

I would agree that Implicit would be best. If you must perform an Explicit message, I would suggest using the CIPUCMMSend instruction. You wont need to use the CIPOpen or CIPClose.

Thank you guy's for the info, after trying implicit messaging i still had issue... I contacted Reer support and turns out the EDS file on their site is for one and only one Firmware revision and they don't keep older files. They gave me the proper one and in a matter of minutes it was working.