Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJH

Scaling Keypad in 4" screen

3 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I am using a PvP 7 4" screen which is sized at 480X272 pixels. The numeric keypad (and especially the alphanumeric keypad) are pretty small in trying to press the buttons for values.

Does anyone know of a way to scale these keypads to a more user-friendly (larger) size?

Edited by JJH

I wish....

I haven't used one in a while, but I remember the built in alarm displays were too small and lo-res to be useful. Couldn't even read the captions on the buttons. I only used it to display information and a couple of pushbuttons, not data entry, so I didn't see how small the keypad was. I just poked around in FT View Studio and I don't see a way to change the keypad. You may be able to edit the alarm banner, though.

I did reach out to Rockwell TechSupport and their response was that those objects can't be resized, I just wanted to see if anyone found a "work around" or otherwise that Rockwell often neglects to mention. I was going to see if there was a different object I could download and replace the current ones but haven't come across that yet.

I could technically build my own larger keypad but that would take a little time and I'd have to restructure all the objects as their tags are pointing to the native keypad entries and the project has to be completed tomorrow, so just trying to find a shortcut.