Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zubair136

Communciation Error plc with PC

3 posts in this topic

Dear All,

Am new to Siemens plc. i have CPU 315-2DP. but when i try to communicate with pc through simatic Manager . i receive the Following Error. " Unable to establish a connection with module ."

Sometimes it gives error as attachments. kindly help me out. 

Through control panel , i have selected the PG / PC interface to S7 Online with PC adapter Auto 1.

Kindly help me out. you will be a life savoir.

Regards,

ZUbair

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

mpi-cable-500x500.jpg

Select Node Address.PNG

I don't have access to the software any more, so I'm going from memory here...and it's been about 2.5 years since I worked with it.

Inside the "Set PG/PC Interface" dialog, there's a place somewhere to select the USB PC adapter instead of RS-232. Make sure you've selected the right one. When you're picking the driver, make sure you pick one that's "<Active>" too. When you're in the settings area, there's a button to "detect network settings" or similar. That will tell you the configuration of the network that the PC adapter is connected to. Write them down (or take a screenshot) and then manually set the PC adapter to those settings. I've found that setting it to Auto usually works but it's slower because it has to query the network every time there's a demand for a connection (like switching from offline to online inside the FB/FC viewer). As I recall, the detect network settings button is behind the properties of the PC Adapter.Auto driver...but I could be off on that.

I'd also verify a few other things.
1) Can you connect to another PLC with the PC adapter? If so, you know your hardware is good. Remember, though, that the network settings could very well be different between PLCs.
2) Are you connecting directly to the PLC or to the pass-through DE9 connector on the back of a Profibus connector? If you're connecting to the pass-through port, try connecting directly to the PLC.
3) Verify that there aren't any other adapters (like a miniature null modem...ask me how I know!) already connected to the PLC. If there is (or was) a null modem adapter plugged in and you accidentally plugged your PC adapter into it, you just fried your PC adapter and will need to replace it.

Try the PLC's other DP port as well.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Joe E. said:

I don't have access to the software any more, so I'm going from memory here...and it's been about 2.5 years since I worked with it.

Inside the "Set PG/PC Interface" dialog, there's a place somewhere to select the USB PC adapter instead of RS-232. Make sure you've selected the right one. When you're picking the driver, make sure you pick one that's "<Active>" too. When you're in the settings area, there's a button to "detect network settings" or similar. That will tell you the configuration of the network that the PC adapter is connected to. Write them down (or take a screenshot) and then manually set the PC adapter to those settings. I've found that setting it to Auto usually works but it's slower because it has to query the network every time there's a demand for a connection (like switching from offline to online inside the FB/FC viewer). As I recall, the detect network settings button is behind the properties of the PC Adapter.Auto driver...but I could be off on that.

I'd also verify a few other things.
1) Can you connect to another PLC with the PC adapter? If so, you know your hardware is good. Remember, though, that the network settings could very well be different between PLCs.
2) Are you connecting directly to the PLC or to the pass-through DE9 connector on the back of a Profibus connector? If you're connecting to the pass-through port, try connecting directly to the PLC.
3) Verify that there aren't any other adapters (like a miniature null modem...ask me how I know!) already connected to the PLC. If there is (or was) a null modem adapter plugged in and you accidentally plugged your PC adapter into it, you just fried your PC adapter and will need to replace it.

Try the PLC's other DP port as well.

THanks for the reply.  the only active in the control pc/pg configuration as i shown in picture is the profibus. 

1.  . i have connected the cable for another plc as pc adaptor auto . and it is working fine. 

2. . i am connected the cable directly to plc. 

3. there is not another adapter. 

and yes there is the network configuration behind the auto adapter behind control panel. but it is not active. 

1.PNG

2.PNG