Chasberrypi

Consumer Tag stuck on

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am experiance a problem with a consumer tag staying stuck on.

Producer and Consumer PLC are turned on. Information is getting transfered like it should.

The Producer PLC gets powered off and the tag that is getting transfered over is ON before it gets powered down. When I check the tag in the Consumer PLC the consumer tag is still ON.

Shouldnt the consumer tag go to the OFF state once the commincation has been lost?

No, you have to monitor your comm state yourself and inhibit receiving logic appropriately.  It is easiest to use a separate tag for "confirmed good" data that you copy from the consumer tag whenever it is fresh.  Then zero it if the consumer tag is stale for a timeout.

I recommend using a pair of DINTs to carry the producer's WallClock UTC microseconds within the payload.  That should change for every new packet.

Edited by pturmel
2 people like this

On 9/14/2022 at 2:09 PM, pturmel said:

No, you have to monitor your comm state yourself and inhibit receiving logic appropriately.  It is easiest to use a separate tag for "confirmed good" data that you copy from the consumer tag whenever it is fresh.  Then zero it if the consumer tag is stale for a timeout.

I recommend using a pair of DINTs to carry the producer's WallClock UTC microseconds within the payload.  That should change for every new packet.

That worked
Thank you!