Tpalacios

SQUIX4/600MP Printer

3 posts in this topic

I am attempting to connect a CAB brand SQUIX 4/600MP label printer to an Omron CJ2H-CPU64-EIP.  I have tried many combinations of connection types and commands with no results.    Our unit does not have the optional I/O connection or I would have used it.  I have focused my efforts on RS232 and Ethernet.

I realize this may be a generic request, but might anyone have experience connecting one of these printers or have a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Never one of those printers but I have connected a different printer through serial on a CJ2. It's a (tedious) matter of formatting the serial data - do you have any information on how that specific printer communicates? Data formatting guide?

We have a CAB Hermes+ printer talking with a CJ2H-CPU66-EIP PLC. These talk using TCP. We have four sections, TCP_Open, TCP_Close, TCP_Send, and TCP_Receive. I know the PLC polls the printer using the TCP connection every 2 seconds or so for status. The PLC has an ETN21 card for this connection.

Not sure if this is similar enough to the SQUIX printer but let me know if you want me to check the PLC code to give you more details.