4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

Im working with Coordinated Motion instructions, specifically MCLM instruction and I Would like to know if there is a way to know the exact End position (XYZ) when parameter Command Tolerance is Set since i need to calculate the distance to the end point, there is no problem as long no command tolerance is set cause I can find the distance using  AB=Sqrt ((x2−x1)**2+(y2−y1)**2+(z2−z1)**2)  but as some points have command tolerance the X2,Y2,Z2 are unknown. Hope I was Clear

Thank you in Advance.

Are you trying to calculate the End Position before you make the move?  If not you should be able to use the reported end positions for your X2, Y2, Z2 values.  Obviously if you are shooting for an X2 or 100 with a command tolerance of +/- 0.05 you could get anything between 99.95 and 100.05 for X2.  Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but almost asking can you predict the weather will 100% accuracy.

Hi @BobLfoot,  Yes im trying to find the End position but only when there is command tolerance, because  without Command Tolerance i know the end Positon is Exactly what i set in the Instruction Therfore I can use the above Formula,  but if set command tolerance my X2,Y2,Z2 Changes so i cannot calculate the Distance.

Take your exact target coordinates and obtain the eight combinations of +tolerance and -tolerance on each of the three axes.  Compute the distance from your start position to each of the eight extremes.  The min and max from those eight is the min and max distance you can traverse.  The whole point of setting a tolerance is trade speed/efficiency/time against precision.  More tolerance equals less knowledge of the final position.

If you must know the final position ahead of time, you cannot use tolerance.

1 person likes this