KevinVR

CJ2M-CPU32 DM area for "unit settings"

7 posts in this topic

Hello fellow tinkerers,
Inside our company we're expanding our IoT network with the replacement of CJ1G-H to CJ2M CPU units.

When swapping models we are downloading the Datamemories back into the CPU. Our engineer warned us to not download all the DM memories: only up to D20000, so I did. When starting we had some inputs that weren't showing in the Data trace: and noticed that it were pulses shorter than 8ms.

We found out the "Unit settings" were back to default and this is not unusual since we only downloaded range D0-D20000 but I'd like to avoid this in the future and look up what each datamemory means.

I know D30000 to D31599 are the memories for the CPU bus unit settings (manual W473 section 4-5) but what range is the "unit settings" within these 1600 datamemories? I can't seem to find it in any manual I look into (W473, W472).. Also do you see any problems with downloading the full datamemory range?

Kind regards!

Depends on the "Unit" or "Machine" number setting on the rotary switch on the module.

D memory is allocated based on:  D30000 + (Unit Number x 25).

So Unit # 1 would allocate D30025 - D30049.

You can find this information in the W339 manual.

gtsuport

One correction:  Each unit is allocated 100 words in the DM area beginning at D30000.  So, D30000 + (unit number * 100).

Each CPU Bus unit is also allocated 25 words in the CIO area, 1500 + (unit number * 25).  <--- I think @gtsuport is combining the two together.

Thanks Mike!!

On 29-8-2022 at 3:34 PM, gtsuport said:

Depends on the "Unit" or "Machine" number setting on the rotary switch on the module.

D memory is allocated based on:  D30000 + (Unit Number x 25).

So Unit # 1 would allocate D30025 - D30049.

You can find this information in the W339 manual.

gtsuport

I already found the areas used for the CPU bus unit: my question is what range is doing what inside the D30100 range.
In Section 9-21 of W339 it says " Each CPU Bus Unit is allocated 100 words (based on unit numbers 0 to F). Refer to the Unit’s Operation Manual for details on the function of these words". The Unit's operation manual is W472, but I cannot seem to find any specifics what range is doing what.

W472 is the general hardware manual for the CJ2.

You need to look at the part number of the CPU Bus unit modules and refer to the specific manual.

CIO and DM information is detailed in the manual.

gtsuport

Why not just download the settings via CX-P in the tree?

by doing this, you are checking the settings are what you want/expect also.