Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bown4625c

PLC Socket POST API

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to POST API to a meter in Maximo using a socket in a 5069-L320 controller. I am able to successfully create and open the socket. The write and read instructions get the DN bit but I do not see the meter updating in Maximo. I was able POST successfully using Postman, so I know I am sending the correct information. Do I need to be formatting the POST differently? I'm not getting errors so don't have a direction to go from here. (I will fix the obvious username and password vulnerability, one step at a time)

Thanks

HTTPString.JPG

LadderLogic.JPG

Postman Post.JPG

Not sure if this will help, but when I used sockets to talk to a Videojet printer I used a delay timer between each step.

It was just a 100 ms timer and caused a delay between Create, Open and Write or Delete.

This is in part because Open.DN means the Open Message has been sent to the Comm Processor it doesn't really mean the Socket is open yet.

Again not sure if it helps, but it might not hurt, especially if POSTMAN works.

1 hour ago, BobLfoot said:

Not sure if this will help, but when I used sockets to talk to a Videojet printer I used a delay timer between each step.

It was just a 100 ms timer and caused a delay between Create, Open and Write or Delete.

This is in part because Open.DN means the Open Message has been sent to the Comm Processor it doesn't really mean the Socket is open yet.

Again not sure if it helps, but it might not hurt, especially if POSTMAN works.

Thank you for the reply. That does not appear to have fixed the issue.