Mac595

Backing up SYSMAC CQM1 CPU41

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a client who is moving a piece of production equipment controlled by an Omron SYSMAC CQM1 CPU41 which they say was built in the late 1990s or early 2000's. They have asked me to backup the program in case the system is damaged during the move.

From browsing the forum, I believe I need a CQM1-CIF02 cable and CX Programmer software which is included in the CX-ONE package.

My question is, since we don't want to do program development, just backup and restore, is there a simpler lower cost alternative to CX-ONE? Also, is there anything I should be aware of or be careful of attempting a program backup.

Thanks,

Mac

Unfortunately that is really the only way to back up the program.

CQM1/CQM1H was discontinued over 10 years ago.

Check www.plccables.com for a USB version for the CQM1-CIF02 (USB-CIF02).

CQM1-CIF02 is a serial cable, so you will probably need a USB to serial converter.

Works great and a lot less expensive.

gtsuport

Once you are connected, you'll need to perform the backup. I don't remember if the PLC Backup Tool works with the older PLCs but you can try. Tools > PLC Backup Tool.

The alternative (or both if you wish), is to upload the program via PLC > Transfer > From PLC... You may check all the boxes but the following will supersede:

Double click Memory from the project tree then open DM, HR and AR. Perform a Transfer From PLC. Be sure to check all (or entire range, or something like that). Then make sure to Save in Project.

The above memory locations are retentive memory. DM will contain very important information on the PLC settings, I/O configuration and special I/O unit setup if any exists. In addition, any of the locations may contain settings that could be important to the specific machine or process.

21 hours ago, Mac595 said:

Hello,

I have a client who is moving a piece of production equipment controlled by an Omron SYSMAC CQM1 CPU41 which they say was built in the late 1990s or early 2000's. They have asked me to backup the program in case the system is damaged during the move.

From browsing the forum, I believe I need a CQM1-CIF02 cable and CX Programmer software which is included in the CX-ONE package.

My question is, since we don't want to do program development, just backup and restore, is there a simpler lower cost alternative to CX-ONE? Also, is there anything I should be aware of or be careful of attempting a program backup.

Thanks,

Mac

You can get a 30 day trial of CXOne