kckku

Analog Output (0 - 5V)

7 posts in this topic

The NX series analog output card only seems to have one setting for -10 to 10VDC. The old CJ output cards allowed you to set a bunch of ranges. Is this the case with NX slices? It seems very limiting.

I have an UV lamp controller that takes 0 - 5 VDC input to control the lamp intensity. Any other suggestions how to get 0 - 5V to this since I can't use a NX slice?

0 to 5 falls within -10 to 10. Why couldn't you use it?

why can't you use it? you can limit in software value range and last i checked 0-5V fits inside -10..+10V range.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

0 to 5 falls within -10 to 10. Why couldn't you use it?

Yeah, I thought about this while going home. Does this mean the resolution is less considering I am only using a quarter of the range?

15 hours ago, panic mode said:

why can't you use it? you can limit in software value range and last i checked 0-5V fits inside -10..+10V range.

I just thought you can change the range settings for the card like the old CJ's. Apparently you don't have these options anymore for the NX.

2022-08-04_17-30-52.jpg

You would have reduced resolution yes. Closer to 10 bit.

1 person likes this

using half of the range is equivalent of loosing one bit. 0-5V is quarter of the range -10..10V so that would be reduction of 2 bits. i don't think that would make much of a difference for most applications. but if it is an issue one could add pair of resistors to form a voltage divider, that would allow use of up to 1/2 of range. still not worth the trouble in my opinion.

NX-DA2603 : each channel has 8000 count over full range. (1/4 of that is 2000 counts)

NX-DA2605 : each channel has 30000 count range (1/4 of that is 7500 counts)