CPRenaud

Q02CPU Error 2200

5 posts in this topic

Hi All;

Trying to make a backup of a Q02CPU.  Used GXWorks2 to get the program and parameter files from the working CPU.  The System is on an 8-slot rack with mixed IO including a ProfiBus module (QJ71).

Got a new CPU, powered down the system and installed it after setting the DIP switches the same as the working one (2 and 3 both on, others off).

Power on system.

Download the program and parameters to the unit, have the ERR LED blinking and the CPU will not run.  PLC Diagnostics show this 2200 error, which when I look it up in the book starts talking about 'drives', which I find out have something to do with the DIP switches.  The combination of switches 2 and 3 indicate the parameters are to be stored in Standard ROM (Drive 4), but apparently this is not happening when I do the download of the program and parameters.

Is there a specific procedure I need to follow to put the parameters into Standard ROM (Drive 4)?

Or, did I get a replacement CPU that is either A)Bad or B)does not have this Standard ROM?

Or...?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

CPRenaud

What model of new CPU? Same model?

If Im not mistaken, from Write option for GXWorks, you can select the location to write the parameter.

Hi, yes, same model of CPU was bought for spare.

I will look for the location in the Write Option...had assumed that it would write to the same location that the parameters came from out of the original PLC.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, CPRenaud said:

.had assumed that it would write to the same location that the parameters came from out of the original PLC.

It is not. During PLC read, you need to select either to read from Program Memory/SD/RAM/ROM. Same during PLC write.

Hi.

OK!

There is no SD card.

Do I then have to do a read from Program Memory and RAM + ROM in order to get everything that the original program needs, then to a Write to all of them in the new PLC?

I would not think to do a read/write from ROM because it is Read Only Memory...