Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scotty134

HMI NA- stop working EjectSDMemory function

2 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone,

Today in the morning I found that HMI freezed when I called internal function EjectSDMemory. I Rebooted the HMI and tried again, same result. When HMI freeze I can't connect to HMI via SysmacStudio, so it means that panel stop responding completely. It's first time when I see it happen in my life. I tried next ideas:

• From HMI screen save Alarm Log to SD Card. Called out Action on the button :
    • SaveUserAlarmLogToFile. File Name: \SDCard\AlarmLog.csv
    • File was not created. HMI not freezed. No error messages on the screen.
  • Transfer User Program From Hmi - from Device System Menu.
    • Create *.nabin file in SD Card.
    • File was created. No issues.
  • Call internal EjectSDMemory function that is assigned to a momentary button. 
    • HMI freezed and became unresponsive.

Test with transfering program to SD Card validated that the SD Card that I'm using is fully operational. So why it stop working from runtime? All these functions were working few days ago with no isses. I also tried to format and use different SD Card, but end up with same result when I try to operate with SD Card from HMI runtime program.

Thank you in advance!

I had an HMI get stuck in Initialize Variables on boot, and the fix was to Clear All Memory and download the program again.  The problem for you is that you won't be able to connect to do this in Sysmac Studio.  There was a post about someone who did a firmware update and "bricked" their HMI, and the resolution was to do a system recovery which involves a formatted SD card with a file loaded on it and setting DIP switches (image attached).  The post was here - https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/31943-firmware-update-killed-my-na-hmi/ but it may not be the easiest/best solution for you.  Being that you can't even connect, it may be worth a shot though.

585819fada9ff_AdobeReaderScreenSnapz006.jpg.985b0426e3f6ef870c4d16036db0dea1.jpg