simonongsk

2 Words to Real

4 posts in this topic

Hi:

There are 2 Word, Let say  Word_0 = 5c29, and Word_1=3e8f, I combined that 2 word into  DWord=3e8f5c29; The result converted online (https://www.scadacore.com/tools/programming-calculators/online-hex-converter/) to Float will be 0.280 (expected result).

But with DWORD_To_Real , i get this result :    1.0354898e+09    REAL       

May I know how to convert the 2 words into Real (Float ?)

Omron PLC: NX1

You need to use CopyDwordToReal if it is a bit pattern move.

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

You need to use CopyDwordToReal if it is a bit pattern move.

Capture.PNG

@photovoltaic Wow, that is weird command name TBH. The CopyDWordToReal seem to work, may i know what do you meant by  "if it is a bit pattern move"  I wonder why DWORD_To_Real did not work as the command name suggested or are there any more conversion command for Dword to Real?

5 hours ago, simonongsk said:

@photovoltaic Wow, that is weird command name TBH. The CopyDWordToReal seem to work, may i know what do you meant by  "if it is a bit pattern move"  I wonder why DWORD_To_Real did not work as the command name suggested or are there any more conversion command for Dword to Real?

Bit pattern is literally a bit for bit move. The general conversion instructions just take the decimal value and make it the new datatype which rarely works with reals in these scenarios