Phuongdian

Need help: MR-J2S-100B error AL 30

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!!
   I have 2 drivers Mr-J2S-100B and 1 Motor HC-SFS102.
    - Driver 1: I run Test Jog mode at 2000 r/min and set Accel/decel time: 100ms, when Stop, Driver error AL30 (sometimes E0 or E1), then Bus voltage up to 380V
    - Driver 2 has the same parameters as Driver 1 and also tested the same but no error
Please help me to fix Driver 1!!!!
Thanks very much!!!!

sure parameters are the same but.. is the wiring the same? and is the load the same? and is the motion profile the same? if everything is the same then there is a possibility that drive that complains is damaged (internal regen resistor is toasted)

according to manual messages are complaining about regen. that occurs when decelerating and motor is working as a generator, dumping energy back into drive. as a result internal DC bus voltage of the drive is increasing. when it reaches dangerous levels you get warnings and faults. 

solution is to move smaller load, move slower, stop gently... or make sure to use proper external braking resistor so that drive can burn off the extra energy. there is an internal breaking resistor but it is small and cannot handle much (regen options wired P-D). using external resistor makes it possible to handle more power (regen option, wire resistor to P-C).

see page 19 of linked manual.

Thank you so much for your support!!!
    I'm busy so I reply late, sorry!!!
    Through your instructions, I also tried to change the internal resistance but still can't fix it
    What do you use to measure the motion profile?
    Can you tell me more: how to copy firmware from one driver to another?
  Thank you very much!!!!

Internal resistance.PNG

18 hours ago, panic mode said:

you do not change firmware. that is what manufacturer does.

you only parametrize and use existing functionality as is. 

there is a software that can assist with this:

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/drv/servo/smerit/mr2/index.html

18 hours ago, panic mode said:

you do not change firmware. that is what manufacturer does.

you only parametrize and use existing functionality as is. 

there is a software that can assist with this:

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/drv/servo/smerit/mr2/index.html

Thank you for your reply!
    Sometimes I have Mr-J2S-100B-EE085 damaged, but I can only buy Mr-J2S-100B so I want to copy the firmware from Mr-J2S-100B-EE085 to Mr-J2S-100B
    The software you recommend is MR Configurator2, if I find out, it seems to be used for Mr-J3 and higher, and how to use it to copy the firmware, can you guide me?
     Thank you so much!

"Firmware" is set of software loaded into product that is not user changeable. This is done by the "firm" (company) that makes hardware. Unless the firm releases flashing software and image to be loaded onto some product, there is nothing you can do.

an example if firmware is PC BIOS. you do not create own BIOS to make the update but you may receive tools and image to upgrade BIOS after some critical bug was fixed - usually something involving security. 

VFDs have firmware too and there is no reason for user to change it. same goes for your radio clock, garage door opener, microwave oven, TV or vacuum cleaner.

1 hour ago, panic mode said:

"Firmware" is set of software loaded into product that is not user changeable. This is done by the "firm" (company) that makes hardware. Unless the firm releases flashing software and image to be loaded onto some product, there is nothing you can do.

an example if firmware is PC BIOS. you do not create own BIOS to make the update but you may receive tools and image to upgrade BIOS after some critical bug was fixed - usually something involving security. 

VFDs have firmware too and there is no reason for user to change it. same goes for your radio clock, garage door opener, microwave oven, TV or vacuum cleaner.

OK, I got it, thank you very much for your help with some of my questions!!

actually, you can copy the firmware. the target amp has to have a flashable cpu (HD64F7065F60). usually all custom firmware amps have those. the shflash.exe util comes with the MRC (setup161e). if the old amp (-EE085) powers up and can talk to the MRC - i know how to read the cpu memory and convert it to intel srec .mot file for the shflash...

email me yurtaev at gmail dot com i will send you the memory reading util and instructions how to do it

9 hours ago, yurtaev said:

actually, you can copy the firmware. the target amp has to have a flashable cpu (HD64F7065F60). usually all custom firmware amps have those. the shflash.exe util comes with the MRC (setup161e). if the old amp (-EE085) powers up and can talk to the MRC - i know how to read the cpu memory and convert it to intel srec .mot file for the shflash...

email me yurtaev at gmail dot com i will send you the memory reading util and instructions how to do it

I have sent you an email, looking forward to your help!!!! Thank you very much !!!

Edited by Phuongdian