Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AP7311

communications Quantum 140 NOE771 00/01 Communications with Dual Port Client Device

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all, thanks in advance for those who support and advises.

I have a Modbus/TCP operational network as shown below.

However, at any 1 time only 1 LAN is able to communicate instead of both LAN networks of the device. In another system with S.E Premium Unity PLC, both LAN networks are able to communicate at the same time.

Thus, I would like to enquire if this is a limitation of Quantum NOE 771 whereby only 1 LAN can communicate at any one time or whether I have missed out any parameter/configuration settings? Any issue on the IP address configurations?

Please advise.

Thank you very much for the advise and assistance.

NWA.JPG

Hmm.  Both ports appear to use the same subnet.  I would not expect that to work.  (But I'm not a Schneider expert.)

6 hours ago, pturmel said:

Hmm.  Both ports appear to use the same subnet.  I would not expect that to work.  (But I'm not a Schneider expert.)

Hi Sir,

Are you referring to the 192.168.10 domain subnet? It should fine on the device end.

I am suspecting on the NOE IP config instead as the same config on another project but with Premium Unity PLC with different IP:192.xx for 2 different NOE is working fine.

However, will need a Schneider expert to verify this.

Thanks for the advise. 

As I know the Quantum can handle up to 6 communication modules at the same time, so all NOE modules should work in the same. It's not even possible to disable the NOE in operational mode - such option doesn't exist.

You should check the PLC status - RUN PRIMARY, RUN OFFLINE or RUN HSBY - depend on this the behavior of NOE is different. The NOE in PRIMARY rack should run normally with their IP addresses, the NOE in OFFLINE rack  will not communicate, the NOE in HSBY rack switch their IP addresses to IP+1.