spaceacealpha

Associating an existing Kuka in a RS5000 project to an EDS file

6 posts in this topic

I have a machine that has 4 kuka robots on a L73S running v24.12.  The robots are v8.3 KRC4 models with Ethernet/IP and I have access to see their setup.   This all runs fine.  I'm wanting to update the device tree to where I can see the communication setup when I double click the device.  I tried to create a trick in a new module offline but it told me that the IP already existed.  I get a "no EDS found" when I got to the properties window.  Is there anyway to associate a generic ethernet module to the device?

Capture.JPG

That was absolutely it.  I needed an AOP from Kuka.  I'm so used to EDS files I completely forgot about AOP.  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

5 hours ago, spaceacealpha said:

That was absolutely it.  I needed an AOP from Kuka.  I'm so used to EDS files I completely forgot about AOP.  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Thank you for letting us know how you solved your initial problem.

Well... Technically you did not need the AOP from KUKA, you can get this from AB since AOP is actually an AB product. 

AddOn Profile is AllenBradley software that allows AB products to use one network interface to exchange both safety and standard data with some other product. Before AOP became available, AB PLCs needed two NICs for that. Obviously this was frustrating a lot of users since other PLC brands allowed safety and standard messages over same network interface for very long time. AB was just slow to catch up. Finding AOP on AB website can be frustrating so KUKA simply made the it available on its downloads page. It is just easier to find on

KUKA.com by selecting Services > Downloads

Btw KUKA does provide EDS for their controllers. All description files are made available by installing WorkVisual and by default are placed in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\KUKA\WorkVisual 6.0\DeviceDescriptions\

KUKA_DeviceDescriptionFiles.png.49dfa21e

And this is what EDS subfolder looks like

KUKA_EDS.png.bec183afd2f91135eed36598a49

1 person likes this