santiago

Q2V inverters with NX102 via Ethercat

4 posts in this topic

Hello , I am trying to run and parameters settings of several Q2V inverters +SI-ES3+JOHB-Q2V (option board for Ethercat), I managed to install the xml file for the settings , but I dont see as much settings as with the MX2 , and I cant find any related FB's as with the MX2, maybe someone has set this inverters before ? Thanks! 

all the inverters connected via Ethercat to an NX102-9000 

These aren't available in North America so I'm not sure you'll find a ton of sample code. Have you found the data map for the PDOs you're getting over ECat?

I haven't used those specific VSD's, but I have used Danfoss VSD's with EtherCAT, and these had no function blocks available. Basically, check your I/O map, and under each inverter you should have the input & output words associated with that inverter. In my case I have a Control Word (for the PLC to communicate with the inverter), a Status Word (for the inverter to communicate with the PLC) a Speed Reference (PLC telling inverter how fast to run) and a Speed Feedback (Inverter telling PLC how fast it is running).

These words should be described in detail in the EtherCAT manual for the inverters. Once you know what each bit does in the words, you can create a custom function block to control the inverters using the Set_A_Bit and Reset_A_Bit functions in Sysmac Studio.

1 person likes this