JLA

CLC(041) Usage with MOVL(498)

8 posts in this topic

Thank you in advance for your help. I'm new to the Omron CX-Programmer. I'm reading over some ladder logic someone else wrote and trying to understand what is going on. I came across several rungs having the CLC(041) instruction used with the MOVL(498) instruction. I don't understand its usage and in the Omron instructions manual, I don't see any reference to using the CLC(041) flag with the MOVL(498) instruction. Maybe someone will help me understand the design intent. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e55192e4f985088bb9da41

Edited by JLA

It's likely the next rung that CLC is used for. Can you post the next few rugs?

Anywhere in the logic is there any of the following instructions:

ROL(027), ROLL(572), ROR(028), and RORL(573)

or

+C(402), +CL(403), +BC(406), +BCL(407), -C(412), -CL(413), -BC(416), and -BCL(417)

Edited by photovoltaic

Thank you for helping me. I searched for a those instruction and did not find them anywhere in the program. I have been through this program pretty comprehensively and don't remember seeing them either.

CLC(041) is used 3x all with a MOVL(498)?

If you go to Help -> Instruction Reference -> CS/CJ Series  you can look at the instruction reference. Seems that CLC is only used with the instructions I mentioned. Perhaps a change was made to the program and CLC was left behind.

You can search for instructions as well by right clicking in a program and selecting Find All

Thanks. You are probably correct that the CLC instruction was left behind. I appreciate your help.