DynamicCanada

Mitsubishi F800-E Ethernet with CompactLogix

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone manage to find specific information on the Mitsubishi FR-F800-E series FR-A8ETH-01 ethernet card.

the Mits site is useless, I followed the A800/F800 manual to a tee with no luck getting the VFD to communicate with the CompactLogix.

I have got the FR-E800 VFD working no problem, but the F800-E VFDs will not connect.

I can see them on the network and ping them but no CompactLogix connections.

There is absolutely no information for the FR-A8ETH-01 card anywhere, there are 4 switches and 4 Led lights and no info on them either.

Thanks guys for the manuals, I did have them, along with a dozen other manuals too,

I got my answers, the FR-A8ETH-01 does not communicate on Ethernet/IP which is the protocol for the AB Logix.

I would have been nice if there was info on the FR-A8ETH-01 stating that specifically, you must use the FR-A8NEIP-2P daughter card.

Thanks 

@DynamicCanada don't overlook that with some coding the AB can do Modbus_TCP which the FR Drive can do also.

You can often do this using the HMI as a protocol converter. We do this all the time using Mitsi drives and AB PLC's. However, this is just for simple stuff where we are just changing the speed and the update time does not really mater.