Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndrewJ1

File Transfer Protocol

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a FX5U PLC that is performing some data logging (D-reg and Bit) through the CPU module logging configuration tool, sample time of 5 minutes. Currently the client is physically swapping the SD cards to retrieve the data. I wish to set up a File Transfer Protocol function to transfer the logging data to the C drive of a local PC. They will be connected via ethernet cable through a network switch but independent of any other networks or internet.

Desired function of FTP:

1.      Data transfer every 24 hours

2.      Confirm SD card not in use (either pause logging function or carry out in between 5 min samples)

3.      Read logging data from SD card

4.      Write data to local drive on PC

5.      Delete transferred files from SD card to leave capacity for further logging operations

6.      Data logging instruction file (.llp) must be left on SD card

7.      Recommence data logging function

I have configured the PLC as FTP Server and managed to view the contents of the SD card through windows file explorer on laptop with limited success (connection is intermittent and when access is possible, it does not always show updated/latest SD card contents)

Is it possible to achieve the automated FTP using Mitsubishi and Windows software or do I need 3rd party software as well?

Any advice on this would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks.

Have you tried WinSCP for your FTP Client on the PC.

I've found it to have advantages over the windows built in FTP functions.

Hi Bob

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get WinSCP to work. I have had some success with CuteFTP but am still working on automating the function.