anasplc

Omron died , purchased a new one , but how to move program

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

im reaching you here because i couldn't find a technician who will resolve this issue for me in my country so im trying to do it my self or at least get information for the technician and he apply it.

so the situation is , i have a print shop and this omron sysmac c20 3g2c7-cpu73e  was attached to it , after the tech review it he find that it is defected and can not be repaired as many parts damaged and couldn't find replacement for it  that's what he said. so i ordered a new one * used tested by seller * .

now i want to know how i can move the old program that was on the old one to the new one and how to install it so i can get my cutting machine back to work , oh yeah this was attached to cutting machine AKA Guillotine .

you find attached the old one and the new i purchased from inside as i see the RAMG is missing from the new one , i think its the unit that stores  the program but I'm not sure, if yes , do i need just to take it from old one and solder it to the new one and will work or what , im lost . 

thank you all

model.jpg

new omron.jpg

old omron.jpg

I was unaware the EEPROMs could be replaced so easily. 

Take note you will need to get a hand-held programmer to input any timer / counter values that will be lost. Do you have a print out of the program?

what is the nature of the failure? PSU? status LEDs? this is a really really old product and "new" replacement is just as old - and likely to fail soon as well. if the goal is to give machine new lease on life, i would  consider switching to a new PLC and rewrite the code if old code is available for reference (electronic or paper) or function of PLC is known. granted, this is not everyone's cup of tea...

if you want to try populating missing ICs, do not solder them directly to the board, use IC sockets and insert ICs after soldering. it only costs pennies and will make any further swaps much simpler.

also check the dip switch configuration, probably want to make it match original. 

See the attached C20 configuration information.  From catalog dated 1988.

RAM-G is an expansion RAM memory chip.

Programming hand held is a 3G2AG-PRO15.  You may be able to find one of these on ebay.

Hopefully the battery in the original unit is still good.  If not, you will need to create the program from scratch.

gtsuport

C20.pdf

On 5/6/2022 at 11:20 AM, IO_Rack said:

dear IO_Rack , this post was not helpful for me :(

21 hours ago, panic mode said:

what is the nature of the failure? PSU? status LEDs? this is a really really old product and "new" replacement is just as old - and likely to fail soon as well. if the goal is to give machine new lease on life, i would  consider switching to a new PLC and rewrite the code if old code is available for reference (electronic or paper) or function of PLC is known. granted, this is not everyone's cup of tea...

if you want to try populating missing ICs, do not solder them directly to the board, use IC sockets and insert ICs after soldering. it only costs pennies and will make any further swaps much simpler.

also check the dip switch configuration, probably want to make it match original. 

Dear Panic Mode, 

i just want to let you know that im too in Panic Mode , the PLC just failed and all lights went off , no sign of life , i will attach photos of the machine maybe you can have an idea, and for buying a new version of PLC , the price of the new PLC will be more expensive than the machine it self , so we are just trying to save the life of this machine .

i will reply to all members who tried to hep and attached images for better  understanding to help making the issue more clear

thank you

17 hours ago, gtsuport said:

See the attached C20 configuration information.  From catalog dated 1988.

RAM-G is an expansion RAM memory chip.

Programming hand held is a 3G2AG-PRO15.  You may be able to find one of these on ebay.

Hopefully the battery in the original unit is still good.  If not, you will need to create the program from scratch.

gtsuport

C20.pdf

hello gtsuport , i think the programming unit or device is already attached to the machine as its a paper cutting machine and we use the programmer to program it to the size we want cut , when we click 10 it means the machine move forward until it keep only 10 cm between the blade and the back support so we can cut a paper that size is 10cm.

let me attach some photos for better understanding.

update :

i found a guy online in my country who says that he is a tech in this kind of devices , i will meet him in few days , i will keep you updated about it if its fixed and how .

thank you