Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myork82

SoftGOT/GOT Ethernet to CC-Link IE Field Device Access

1 post in this topic

I've got a PC "Facilities PC" running SoftGOT with GOTMobile running on our Factories regular Ethernet Network. We also have 6 Q Series Master PLC's connected to the same ethernet network via the built in ethernet port on the CPU. Those Master PLC's either have a CC-Link IE Field or old Melsec network attached to their rack to communicate with the other PLC's on their respective assembly line. I can access each master plc's devices directly in SoftGOT no problem and can move data from the PLC's on the line via W's or B's to the Master PLC of each line. The issues is these networks do not have enough I/O allocated for each station for the amount of data I want to transfer to the master so SoftGOT can access it. (Creating a andon/preventative maintenance/machine antilytic system) Is there a way to have SoftGOT "tunnel" through the master and then access devices in a PLC on the CC-Link IE field network directly? For example say I wanted SoftGOT to access D100 on T/F Station 8 on N2 PLC Network. For the time being i've used the JP.READ function in the master to transfer Data registers in a PLC on the CC-Link IE Field Network to the Master without using the B's and W's that are allocated. Works but added programming. I've also got MX OPC server running on the Facilities PC which can "tunnel" through the Master PLC and access each PLC on the line directly, but it slows down SoftGOT when loading a screen with OPC Tags on it. Also has about a 4 second delay when updating the tag values when you have a screen open with OPC Tags on it. 

I've attached our network map, screen shot of my channel settings in SoftGOT, and a screenshot of how MX OPC Server accesses N2 PLC Network Station 8 directly. 

Thanks!

Nasco PLC Map Rev5.jpg

softgotchannelsettings.JPG

N2 TF Station 8.JPG