Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skyfox

Sysmac Simulator questions...

6 posts in this topic

Q1.

Trying to test data logging to the SD card on an NX1P2 CPU in sim mode. Without an SD card or a USB drive on the PC running the SIM, logging always passes. Now that is not good. That is a wrong simulation. Unless, it is simulating saving to an SD card by saving to the hard drive as a temporary file when in sim mode. Now that would be good. Specially if one can actually see that file on the local PC to see data is being logged as intended. Does anyone know if a temp file is actually being created?  If so, what is its location on the local PC?

Q2

Where does Sysmac sim get its date and time value when running in sim mode? PC and SYSMAC clocks are out of sync by more than 4 minutes? Not a serious issue but wondering why there is a difference. One would assume PC clock and the SYSMAC SIM running on that PC to be the same.

Cheers.

626e20bdb4a91_SYSMACSIM.png.f04e5d8526ad

I wouldn't be surprised if the SD card simulation is entirely in simulator RAM.  Omron's simulators are not supposed to be able to communicate to the real world, and any real external storage would violate that rule.

When I am using the simulator, the initial time is the same as my PC time. The longer I run the simulator, the more these times become out of sync. On my PC, the simulator runs about 3 times slower than 'real life' (ie. 1 second in PLC time takes about 3 seconds of real time). This difference does cause the time in the simulation to become out of sync with the PC.

I don't know if the simulation 'running slow' is normal or not. I have calibrated my PC, but it really the difference doesn't bother me when I am doing simulations, unless I have some timers set for longer periods of time.

There is a folder for the SD Card Simulation. C:\windows\OMRON\Data\SimulatorData\Card\Memory001

As for Simulation speed you need to have admin rights when running Sysmac Studio. From the Simulation menu - Calibrate the Simulator and then run in Time Estimation mode.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:36 AM, BE said:

When I am using the simulator, the initial time is the same as my PC time. The longer I run the simulator, the more these times become out of sync. On my PC, the simulator runs about 3 times slower than 'real life' (ie. 1 second in PLC time takes about 3 seconds of real time). This difference does cause the time in the simulation to become out of sync with the PC.

I don't know if the simulation 'running slow' is normal or not. I have calibrated my PC, but it really the difference doesn't bother me when I am doing simulations, unless I have some timers set for longer periods of time.

I recall seeing a slider in the simulation tool window where you can slow down the simulation, check if its set to normal or slower.

On 25/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, SKA AB said:

I recall seeing a slider in the simulation tool window where you can slow down the simulation, check if its set to normal or slower.

Mine is definitely set to normal. I haven't worried about trying to work out why it runs slow, mainly because it doesn't really affect my work that much.