skyfox

Sysmac Studio - Possible to add TAG's in On-Line edit mode?

8 posts in this topic

Can new global and or local tags be added while in on-line edit mode? NX1P2 CPU.

Thanks.

Local tags can be created while on-line editing the program. Global tags can be created in on-line edit but you must do it from the Global Variables page... a separate on-line edit.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, IO_Rack said:

Global tags can be created in on-line edit but you must do it from the Global Variables page... a separate on-line edit.

I don't se any options to enable online editing from the "GLOBAL VARIABLES" page. How do you enter On-Line edit mode from this page?

Thanks.

Open the Global Variables tab, the go to Project-Online Edit-Start. Same as you would for any other parts of your program.

From memory, once you are in online edit in Global Variable, you can only add variables, they cannot be deleted.

1 person likes this

Ctrl+E to begin, Ctrl+Shift+E when finished. You can add global variable but once added you can not edit (erase or modify) them.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:28 PM, BE said:

Open the Global Variables tab, the go to Project-Online Edit-Start. Same as you would for any other parts of your program.

From memory, once you are in online edit in Global Variable, you can only add variables, they cannot be deleted.

Thanks.

I normally Right-Click on left side of the ladder window to get in to on-line edit/transfer mode. Figured it would be the same for Global Variables page. I figured wrong.

On 13/05/2022 at 6:12 AM, skyfox said:

Thanks.

I normally Right-Click on left side of the ladder window to get in to on-line edit/transfer mode. Figured it would be the same for Global Variables page. I figured wrong.

Ahh, I didn't know about that method. Must remember that next time I am doing online edits, would probably be a bit quicker:-)