Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmd604

GE fanuc

5 posts in this topic

Hello and good day today I changed a old GE Fanuc quickpanel and put in a new Emerson screen because the old screen wasnt bright enough.  Every HMI tag and status works on the new screen but one start button.  So I put the old screen back in and it just gets stuck at the windows 2000 start menu and doesnt not communicate over rs485 with the plc ge fanuc versamax.  I point to pointed the cable and it checks out but it wont communicate with the plc anymore very wierd any ideas?

I'm not aware of any GE Quick Panels with Windows 2000 as the operating system. They used Windows CE.

It sounds like the old unit isn't launching the View runtime application at bootup. If there is an icon on the desktop labeled "View Runtime", double click on it.

Can't say anything about why just a single object on the replacement unit doesn't work while other objects work fine. Is Emerson still offering the same models that GE did before selling the product line to them?

your correct its Windows CE the message on the screen is desktop at 19200 status hide or cancel.  I have no option to view runtime.  The screen programming was done done by the machine manufactor and the start button has a question mark which leads me to believe he didnt define the tags properly. We are pretty much screwed until Monday morning in my opinion but thanks for all your help and if you have any ideas I am alway willing to try thanks again

I don't know what application is generating the message. What happens when you click either "Hide"  or "Cancel"? The start button could be a group of objects and one of the items in the group could be generating the question mark. But the button might still do what you need it to do even if one of its objects isn't properly linked to a PLC variable.

I am unable to press the cancel or hide button its strange