ashraf

Connect omron CQM1H plc with LAPTOP

5 posts in this topic

I'm not familiar with either of those models, but I have had consistent success with USB/Serial devices based on the FTDI chipset.  Look for that.

Agreed....

I have bunch of different products and - couple of older ones i still use look like that. Those seem to be all built around Prolific PL2300 series chips (or clones) and - fortunately for me, the ones i got are using original chips and working fine. Because there are plenty of fake PL230x chips and while technically those fake chips can work too - all but very old drivers are recognizing them and will not work with them. You can of course try finding and installing some sufficiently old driver version if you are desperate and can find one for your OS but that is not battle you want to be in. Problem is that even if you manage to get around driver certificates etc. your computer updates will be replacing those all the time.

Just stick to known good products from reputable sources ... unless you want to be the one to play roulette and find out the hard way. There are of course also fake FTDI chips but in general going with FTDI seem to be a safer way to go. 

You can use pretty much any USB -to-Serial converter. You will need a special cable though:

Capture.PNG

Edited by photovoltaic

14 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

You will need a special cable though

That is "special" indeed.  Omron really butchered the standard.

1 person likes this